Thanks for thinking about contributing! Azure is a giant beast and help supporting more use-cases is always appreciated. To make it easier to contribute, we put together this little guide. Please take a few minutes to read through before starting work on a pull request (PR) to Farmer.
The process (don’t worry… this is not waterfall)
- Open an issue, or comment on an existing open issue covering the resource you would like to work on. Basically, a PR from you should not come as a surprise.
- Implement the 20% of features that cover 80% of the use cases.
- PR against the
master branch from your fork.
- Add/update tests as required.
- Create a new *.md file with the name of your resource in the folder /content/api-overview/resources/. Eg. container-registry.md
- Add a description, keywords, and an example to the docs page.
- PRs need to pass build/test against both Linux & Windows build, and a review, before being merged in.
There’s still more to document!
- Validation best practices
- Multiple resource builders
- Linking resources (one-to-many relationships)
- Post-deploy tasks